By Reporter staff
The Jewish Federation of Greater Binghamton announced it has a limited amount of funding available for community programming. Local Jewish community organizations are encouraged to apply for funding to help cover the costs of programming in 2021. Grants up to $500 will be available and will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis
To be eligible, programs must meet the following criteria:
- Programs must be open and accessible to the entire Jewish community.
- Programs must further the mission of the Federation. (*See mission statement below.)
- The Federation must be listed as a co-sponsor of the event on all advertisements and at the event.
- Organizers must provide follow-up details about the program as requested.
- Special consideration will be given to programs that are directed at young families.
“Our community organizations offer a great deal of wonderful programming,” said Shelley Hubal, Federation executive director. “We are thrilled that we will be able to help them continue and expand these programs. I’m looking forward to seeing all they have to offer.”
Organizations interested in applying should call the Federation office at 724-2332, ext. 1.
*JFGB Mission statement: The Jewish Federation of Greater Binghamton strives to create a caring, vibrant, enduring community locally, in Israel and worldwide. The Federation uses its assets and contributions to strengthen local Jewish institutions and organizations, to support Jewish people in need, and to educate the people in the Southern Tier about Jewish values and identity.